Certification in Telecommunication Wireless Network
- 0G refers to pre-cellular mobile telephony technology in 1970’s, such as Radio telephones that some people had in their cars before the advent of cell phones
- 1st Generation or 1G started in late 1970s and early 1980s that represented a leap in mobile communication in terms of capacity and mobility.
- 2G network was first launched in Finland in 1991. In 2G networks started becoming digital and circuit switching concept was introduced.
- 5G refers to addition of GPRS or General Packet Radio System, and EDGE or Enhanced Data Evolution for GSM Evolution. This introduced data or Packet Switching on mobile devices.
- 3G network was first launched by NTT in JAPAN in 2000 1. In this generation, networks were based on concepts which stated that Packet Switched will be applicable for Data Services Only and voice was still using Circuit Switching concepts.
- 4G networks refer to Mobile WiMax and LTE or Long Term Evolution Standards that are competing to comply for 4G requirements of ITU. First mobile WiMax and LTE networks were commercially launched in 2008 and 2010 respectively. It is based on Packet Switched for both Voice and Data services.
- 5G is the subject of international research efforts seeking to achieve communications speeds of 10 Gbps or greater, enabling higher-definition video transmission and a range of additional benefits.
The above-mentioned generations of mobile network are discussed in detail in the course content. The course includes GSM/3G/LTE network architecture. The nodes used in different network are covered including their functions.
The Core Network is the brain of the network and performs essential functions like user authentication, location update, etc. The core network, protocols and interfaces used in core network are part of the learning content.
Participants will learn about Intelligent Network allows networks to differentiate themselves from other network operators by providing additional telecommunication services called VAS. The course concludes with the current hot topic VoLTE and its working.
So, if you are interested to increase your knowledge about the wireless networks, welcome aboard.
Basic understanding of the Telecom Networks.
Engineering students or people with some technical background in telecom
- Evolution of Cellular Systems
- Introduction to GSM Network Architecture
- Introduction to 3G Network Architecture
- Introduction to 4G Network Architecture
- CDMA Overview
- Core network
- Intelligent Networks or I N
- GSM Call Flow
- 3G Call Flow
- LTE Call Flow
- Mobile transport Backhaul
- Circuit Switched Fall Back or CSFB
Voice over LTE or VoLTE Basics & Architecture
- Generations of Mobile Networks
- GSM/3G/LTE Network Architecture
- Core Network: Elements and Functions
- Call Flow
- VoLTE and its working
ENQUIRE ABOUT THIS COURSE